Sunday, May 22, 2016

3 weeks to go...

I can hardly believe I'm saying this... We have 3 weeks of construction left! Our final walk-through is June 13, and we close on June 17!! I guess I better get a move on packing, huh?

Friday, May 20, we finally got in to view the progress on our house on our lunch break! (The beauty of building a home 5 minutes from our jobs!) So much has been done since we were last inside. Last time was for our pre-drywall meeting, and there was no insulation yet. 

Our PM stopped us in the garage before going in and wanted to give us a "fair warning" that even though we are 3 weeks out there is still work to be done and it will be done. I think he was worried I was going to freak out. HAHA. 

Here are a few pictures we took:



I am loving my kitchen! I can't wait to see the granite!
I was worried about the hardware they were going to install on our cabinets, but I actually like them. They're simple and fit nicely in the space. I didn't want anything too flashy or that stood out too much. I probably would have picked something similar. We had no idea we were getting these until the pre-construction meeting, and I have been anxious to see them ever since.

I was so surprised that our appliances were already in!
 The island might be growing on me now that I am seeing it with my dark cabinets. I will reserve my final opinion until the granite is in and the house is cleaned up. However, our super awesome PM gave me my second outlet in the island, and I could not be happier. He has been really great! He was worried about the placement, but I think it's great. 


Our railings are beautiful.
They will get one more coat of stain, and the white balusters will be touched up.
 I am so happy that we opted for the balusters rather than a capped wall. It makes the space more open in the living room and also just adds a little something to the stairs. I'm glad we spent the money on this option. 

Our 2nd bathroom. Just waiting for the flooring and final plumbing.

Master Bedroom
 I'm still annoyed by this outlet placement where our headboard would pretty obviously go, but it's something we can easily remedy for cheaper than an extra outlet would have been. It would have been nice to know before it was done, though. Oh well, I'll get over it. 

Master walk-in closet
 I am so excited to finally have some real closet space! I have been taking over half of my husband's closet for the past year and a half so I'm sure he's excited too! 

Bathroom side of the master

Tile work is almost done. This tile looks darker than I remember? Maybe I'm crazy,

Master vanity. I love the granite in here.

While we were there, they were installing the railings on our little deck!

Everything seems to be coming together quite nicely. There are a few things that I am a bit worried about, but I am confident they will be taken care of. Monday our carpet will be installed and the granite. Then the plumber will be able to come and do all the final plumbing. Trinity still has to come back and fix our network panel. (Why they didn't do this at their final is beyond me and our PM.) 


This week they are also going to do our driveway apron and the sidewalk in front of our house with concrete and the brick. (The sidewalks in our community are lined with brick.) Then hopefully the following week they can do the first coat of the driveway and get to work on the final grading and the sod and landscaping! 



I can hardly believe we are at this point! We can't wait to move in already. I'm just a little whiny over this packing process. I guess I better get back to packing boxes. 





2 comments:

  1. Everything looks amazing!
    I seriously am so jealous of your island and I hope you start to love it once you're in. I'm still researching ways for us to get that island in OUR home once we get in, haha!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's growing on me. I just really want to see it finished with our granite before I really commit to liking it. I really didn't think I would like it at all, but I really think the dark cabinets may be helping me like it. I know for sure that I am going to LOVE the work/prep space (and cookie cooling space). It is a really nice size.

      Delete