Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Long time no update...

I haven't been able to update because I haven't been able to get inside the house. My schedule has gotten so crazy these days. On top of that, it has been raining for the past 2+ weeks. This meant a delay to get our siding up. However, we drove by last night on our way home from a weekend out of town and an evening spent at the vet. We finally have siding! They were able to get it up between our 2 rain free days, Saturday and Monday. It was too dark, but I went by today and snapped a picture after work. 

Our Irish Thistle siding 


I also saw the electrician was there earlier and WE HAVE LIGHT! This is super exciting!

One month from today is our closing date! We can't wait!  Guess I better get moving on this packing business. 

6 comments:

  1. Our siding will be Irish Thistle too!!
    It looks great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! We were a bit nervous about this choice, but I really like it! I can't wait to see it with the marooned door. :)

      Delete
    2. I am jealous about your door! When we chose our siding and stone, the red door ended up not being an option for us :-(
      I was bummed but wasn't about to change the exterior of the house just to get my red door. We can always just repaint it on our own if we so choose... but, now our door is "raisin" and our shutters are "Dark berry" which I think are going to go great with our stone, and a red door might not look good with purple-ish shutters.
      I can't wait to see it all come together! But, I love your Irish Thistle and it makes me super excited to get to this point in our house!

      Delete
    3. I like the raisin and dark berry together! Those weren't options for us. You'll have siding up before you know it!! Once the groundbreaking starts it seems to fly by! We are 3 weeks from being done with construction. I can hardly believe how fast this has gone!

      Delete
    4. That seriously makes me SO SO SO happy to hear! I've been dreading how I feel lately... Like construction is gonna come to a halt, or at least feel like it... because framing was SO fast. You're the second person to tell me that it flies by though, so I am stoked to hear that and I hope it does!

      Delete
    5. There were times we couldn't see a lot of progress, but we saw a lot of different trades coming and going. It made it a little bit easier.

      Delete