Friday, June 3, 2016

2 weeks. 14 days!!

That's it. 14 days until we go to closing and have our keys! I can hardly believe that we have made it to this point. 5 months ago to the day, we walked into a model home on a whim. I would have never dreamed I was actually going to build a house. This will be our first home. Tomorrow is our 5 year wedding anniversary. So, this is all very fitting. In case you weren't aware, the 5 year anniversary traditional gift is wood. So here you go honey, here's a great big hunk of wood! 


Please excuse the car in the driveway, the landscapers were still there when I drove by this afternoon. Yesterday they gave us a mailbox and poured our driveway. Today, they "installed" our lawn and landscaping! It is looking AWESOME!! I have not seen inside since May 20, and it feels like an eternity until our PM gives us his "grand reveal" on June 13. 

I love that our PM takes pride in his work and wants to do a grand reveal. It took a lot of faith, and there have been days that I have nearly caved and begged him to let me inside. However, I know that we will be so excited for our pre-settlement walk through on the 13th!



Now for a brief update... I know my last post was quite the rant. We were pretty upset. We were not getting the solution we wanted. (for the opener to be removed and for us to be credited the $550) After not getting an answer in the time we were told we would and then getting a no, we decided to just put it out there in our blog and social media. I will say that RH did notice. After some back and forth, we were able to get the garage door opener removed and was credited the $550. We are so happy about this. We immediately went shopping and got the garage door opener we wanted, on sale and got a military discount on top of that. We are so pleased. Now, if I can just get it installed. 


Here it is:



All is well in the world again. So much stress over something so small. 


2 weeks!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for everything coming together!! The house looks great!
    And kudos to you for not going in. We seriously go in about every other day right now. I know that'll change when they lock it up-- but I know we'll still go out a lot at that point too!

    And I definitely know RH reads our stuff! When I posted about our horrible experience with NVR, I was contacted and we worked through some of the problems we were having. It's better now, which is good. And I heard through the grapevine of people I've met during this process that they ALL know about my blog.

    I hope these 2 weeks fly for you guys!!! And good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We can hardly stand the wait at this point! The construction went so fast, but now I'm losing my patience! (and my sanity with all this packing and preparing!) And even though we haven't gone in, we definitely drive by almost daily. It's on our way home from work so it's convenient!

      That is funny they all know about your blog. I don't know if they knew about mine until this point, but I don't care. They sure know now! :) I guess it's a good thing since they didn't seem to want to hear us when we were trying to be direct with them. I just got sick of the run around we were getting. The social media/blogging seems to get their attention better, unfortunately. After all this, I had Ryan Homes like my picture of the house on Instagram. I just laughed.

      Delete
  2. Hey,
    Thanks for sharing this blog its very helpful to implement in our work



    Regards.
    LandscapingHey,
    Thanks for sharing this blog its very helpful to implement in our work



    Regards.
    Landscaping

    ReplyDelete