Monday, June 13, 2016

Our Final Walk-Through

We completed our final walk-through today. I was nervous and excited all rolled into one. I couldn't wait to see the finished product and all our selections come together. In order to keep myself on track, I went with a room by room checklist. (I can post that later if anyone is interested.) Our PM started with all the paperwork, warranties, and "boring" stuff. Then, we walked the house.   

We had a roll of tape to mark anything we saw an issue with. There were really only a couple minor things- a paint bubble, an imperfection in the drywall area where the wall meets the ceiling, a small spot of paint on the floor in the bathroom, and a cabinet door that someone drilled through and then tried to repair. All of that will be taken care of. We're not worried about it. We were VERY happy with the attention to detail. We cannot wait to move in! (Now, if only I could find some magical packing fairies to box our current place up!)

We just can't believe this day has come already. It seems like just last week we wandered into a model home "just looking" and to get some info! The time has flown by! 

Now we wait for closing! HURRY UP AND BE FRIDAY ALREADY! 




Until then, here are some pictures:


This picture is from a couple days ago. The sprinklers were going so we didn't take any exterior pictures

Inside of front door

Standing at the front door looking into the living room/stairs.

Standing at the front door looking into the living room/stairs.

Looking towards the front/living room.

Family Room

KITCHEN!!

Another Kitchen view

I love our selections!


Kitchen

This island is so much more impressive in person! It's HUGE!!

Standing in the morning room

Our little deck :)


Walking up the stairs

Bedroom

Bedroom 
Master Bedroom

Master Bedroom

Master Bathroom

Master Closet

We are very happy with our selections and cannot wait to officially call this place HOME!







6 comments:

  1. The kitchen island. Sigh. I love it so much.
    And I've been dreading these past couple days. They're supposed to start our siding, and we chose Irish Thistle. I've been panicking that it's not going to be what I want, so it's good to see it on your house. Makes me feel better, haha!!
    Everything is looking great! I am so excited for you guys!
    And if you get a chance, post that list you mentioned. I'm scouring the internet looking for anything and everything I can ask questions about, and since we just got word of our pre-settlement and such, I'd love to see your list :-)

    Good luck with closing on Friday, and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! After our walk through, I looked at my husband and said, "So... uh... is it terrible for me to say that I think I actually like the island after all?" He just laughed at me.

      I think the Irish Thistle siding looks so much prettier in person! I hope you like it! I was so nervous too! When I first saw it, it was dark out so it looked very grey, and I was so upset. Then the next day, I saw it in the sunlight and really liked it! It's always so hard picking these big design pieces from such small samples.

      Keep an eye out! I will post the list I used in a day or two. I have to format it for the blog.

      Delete
  2. Well Friday is here!!! So work on fixing the basement for an in law suite then we will be available for babysitting LOL. It is lovely can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful home! we are currently building a venice as well in Delaware - do you have the room by room list by any chance?

    ReplyDelete